Friday, December 16, 2011

More Beauty and the Beast

Well, it seems I'm on a roll here with thoughts and lyrics and comparisons and memories....and I'm being a total girl, I admit it.

So I'll keep going. I just came across one of the Broadway versions of 'Beauty and the Beast,' and so many words seemed profound. If this is too "girly" for you, then don't play the song below and stop reading.



Mmmm....the opening notes are oh so classic and familiar, of course....

Some of the lyrics hit me softly....making me smile, just a bit...a slight crooked smile:)

"...Barely even friends/
Then somebody bends unexpectedly.
Just a little change/
Small to say the least..."

And by now, I find myself nodding...

"Ever just the same/
Ever a surprise/
Ever as before/
Ever just as sure/
As the sun will rise...

Tale as old as time/
Tune as old as song/
Bittersweet and strange/
Finding you can change/
Learning you were wrong..."

And by the last verse there, I'm basically dancing around my living room with the volume as loud as it will go, yelling, singing along as loudly as I can.

Yes, the song fits perfectly. And I'm glad I heard it after the one I posted earlier because that one sort of opened me up to seeing possibilities. And then I heard these lyrics and they stared me in the face and I said wow...

So yes...back to my dancing and singing...and maybe some more giggling. :)


This may seem odd or silly or cryptic to some of you.

And to some of you, it may make perfect sense...

justkatie

No comments:

Post a Comment